Hey everyone!! This new year, try something delicious by making these simple choco- bars.
It’s time for you to plan something different for your friends and for yourself this year.Hmm..let’s think. Well, I have an idea!!! Why not test your cooking skills and surprise your friends with a delicious recipe? What??!? Cooking and me???! For all those who think so, I am going to share with you an easy recipe. I am going to show you how to make no bake Oreo chocolate bars. So let’s get started!!
For the crust:
12 Oreos (or any other chocolate sandwich cookie)
4 Tbsp butter, soft or melted
For the filling:
250 g White chocolate, chopped
150 g Cream cheese, at room temperature
12 Oreos, Roughly chopped
For the topping (optional):
4 Oreos, roughly chopped
100 g Dark chocolate, melted(or you can also go for Hershey’s Choco syrup)
To make the crust:
- Combine all the ingredients and add to a food processor. Pulse until smooth (alternatively place the ingredients in a ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin). If you use solid butter, it might harden quickly- you can add a tbsp of water to soften up the mixture.
- Press this mixture onto the bottom of a 9 inch square pan(plate/box) that has been lined with some butter and set aside or in the refrigerator to harden.
For the filling:
- Melt the white chocolate either over a double boiler (http://www.instructables.com/id/Melting-chocolate-without-microwave-or-double-boil/) or in the microwave for 15 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Beat the cream cheese and gradually pour in the white chocolate until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Next, fold in the 12 chopped up Oreos.
- Spread the mixture over the Oreo base as evenly as possible.
Evenly distribute the 6 chopped oreos over the surface of white chocolate mixture.
Chill the mix until firm.
Before cutting, drizzle the bars with melted chocolate or Hershey’s chocolate syrup.( I used Hershey’s chocosyrup here)
See? Isn’t that simple? Try this recipe and let me know your views by commenting in the box below.
Leave a Reply